How Do Stones and Crystals Heal Us?
For many the idea of using crystals and stones as a form of healing may seem perfectly normal, for others it may seem a bit strange or esoteric. But, the truth is that stones and crystals have been used in healing treatments by cultures all over our planet for thousands of years. The reasons for this are simple, but multifaceted (pun intended:-)
Crystals and stones carry the energy of the footsteps of our ancestors, the magic of the formation of our cosmos, the deepest medicine from our Earth. And they are not going away.
We Have A Lot In Common With Our Stone and Crystal Friends
Stones and crystals are made from the stardust of creation—so are we. They are composed of the atomic and mineral building blocks that form our planet, solar system, universe, and us. But, what sets stones and crystals apart from us is their “cellular” structure, so to speak. They are highly organized and harmonious in their structures down to the atomic level. When you look at, say, a simple quartz crystal, you see immediately geometric structures that form highly ordered matrices. When you pick up a stone, like a garnet and feel its weight you perceive the density of material that resides within. These highly ordered structures, combined with their density and age make stones living creatures with extremely high level and harmonious vibrational qualities. They are the ultimate vehicles for energy medicine, and energy medicine is the past, present and future for all healing on this planet.
We use references to crystals and stones in our everyday language often without even thinking of the deep meaning behind the phrases.
- You are “crystal clear” when we understand someone perfectly.
- We say we “feel grounded” when we are talking about a feel of being comfortable and present.
- “Solid as a rock” is common in our parlance.
- We refer to the color of crystals saying things like, “her cheeks are ruby red.”
- We also use crystals in our technology to store information (computer chips) or to focus energy (lasers.)
- When we return home to a place we feel deeply connected to some times we even say, “I wanted to kneel and kiss the ground.” Stones are instinctively and profoundly sacred to us.
- All of these common uses and references to the “rocks” we share our planet with give us some insight into the healing capabilities of stones and crystals.
Stones are instinctively and profoundly sacred to us.
Connecting to the examples above, crystals and stones can be used in healing to:
- Bring clarity to the causes and conditions of our illness and illuminate pathways to healing.
- Help us feel safe, grounded, loved, and held by the earth and unconditionally loving energies.
- Give us something to stand on…something that is ancient, stable and has lasted through time. Crystals and stones carry the energy of the footsteps of our ancestors, the magic of the formation of our cosmos, the deepest medicine from our Earth. And they are not going away.
- Bring the healing power of color and their associations to our organ systems and energy centers as described by ancient Taoist, Vedic and other traditions.
- To focus and harmonize our energy so that we can achieve optimum physical, emotional and spiritual wellness.
- Connect us to our Personal Divine and to all manifestations of the Divine and Sacred in our lives.
Experience Stone and Crystal Healing Right Now
You can begin to benefit from the healing power of stones and crystals right now. Here are two ways:
1) Step outside. Lay down on the ground. Breathe. Just the simple act of making contact with the earth is harmonizing and healing. Children do this instinctively all the time—rolling in the grass, playing in the dirt, laying down on a warm hillside and looking at the sky. When was the last time that you did this? We take something away from ourselves that is so essential when we give up this gentle union with our mother the earth. As you lay on the ground tune into the subtle energies beneath you. What parts of your body are affected? What is the quality of your mind? As you deepen your breath, soften your heart to receive more of this earth energy that is made from layer upon ancient layer of crystals and stones. How is your heart affected by these crystalline beings? Begin to ask them questions. What do you have to offer me? How can honor and become more connected to you? What is the magick we can do together?
2) Go on a walk somewhere in nature. It could be your very own garden, a park, a great forest. As you walk tune into the feel of the ground beneath your feet. How does each footfall bring you in contact with Mother Earth? How do you land upon her, how does she receive you? Breathe deeply as you walk slowly, and allow your gaze to relax and widen. Keep a soft focus and pan your eyes along the ground around you. At some point in this journey a stone will “wink “ at you. It will stand out in some way; maybe with a bit of sun glinting off of it, maybe because of its color or size. Something about it will call out to you and capture your awareness. Go to that stone. Pick it up and hold it in your left hand. Bring your attention to that hand and tune into the energy the stone is moving into you. If you are already very sensitive to subtle energies this maybe a familiar experience for you and you may be able to feel very specific things about the energy of your stone. If this is a new practice for you, simply pay attention. Don’t worry about whether or not you are “feeling the right thing” or “getting it.” Trust me, you are. And with time your sensitivity and the amount of information you get from the stone will grow. Some ways the energy of the stone may manifest in your perception is through sensation, impressions of color, images and feelings in the energy centers of your body (for example a feeling in your heart, or your pelvic region.) Even in this first encounter you may get a clear message as words in your mind telling you something you need to know.
Take your time….breathe. Connect with the world around you and with your own heart. And please let me know what you discover!
Featured image at top of page: Powerful Ma (Mother) Mica I found buried deep in the river near Burnsville. Only one shining facet was open to the surface…the rest was buried beneath.
©2015 Teal Chimblo Fyrberg. All rights reserved.
Experience the deep healing that the powerful combination of work with the stones and yoga can provide….
Rock Your Pelvis
Yoga and Stones to Unleash the Power in Your Hips!
TWO DATES AND LOCATIONS
REGISTER HERE FOR: Sundara Yoga, Lowell, NC.
March 14, 2015 10AM-2PM. (Early bird price ends March 7)
REGISTER HERE FOR: Wild Katuah Healing Arts, Asheville, NC. March 28, 2015 10AM-2PM (Early bird price ends March 7)